National School Climate Leadership Certification
Supporting Individuals, Teams, and Schools to Lead and Achieve School Climate ReformSponsored by the Education Leadership Coalition on School Climate:
- Center for Character and Citizenship, University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Character Education Partnership
- Making Caring Common Initiative, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- National Dropout Prevention Center/Network
- National School Climate Center
- To support and recognize the development of socially, emotionally and civically skilled school leaders who understand and use the theory, research and practice of school climate reform and evidence-based character education, social emotional learning, risk prevention and health/mental health promotion efforts.
- To grow and support a network of school climate improvement leaders who appreciate and focus on adult learning and mobilizing the whole school community to support the ‘whole child’ and advance social, emotional and civic learning, academic achievement and positive youth development.
- To assist State Departments of Education to develop professional resources they can use to strengthen their school climate efforts, by helping to train, support and recognize certified school climate leaders in their states.
The National School Climate Certification is an advanced educational credential that complements, but does not replace, a State’s teacher/administrator license.
NSCC is in the process of developing a "third edition" of the National School Climate Leadership Certificate process based on our experience with individual school leaders and two State Departments of Education. A new set of information will be posted here by August 1, 2016. If you have questions about the Certification Process, please contact Jonathan Cohen