School Climate District Guide
School Climate Guide for District Policymakers and Education Leaders
The School Climate Guide for District Policymakers and Educational Leaders includes:
- An overview about school climate research and standards;
- Information about quality school climate improvement practices that support student achievement, school and life success;
- Information about policy options that encourage, support and reward implementation and sustainability of positive school climate standards;
- Guidelines and strategies that ensure alignment of quality practice and supportive policies;
- Frameworks, tools (specific instruments that schools can use to measure and improve school climate), resources and responsibility of district policymakers and educational leaders.
This "School Climate Guide for District Policymakers and Education Leaders" tool kit is a powerful way for a school board to begin, or improve upon, implementing good policy and sound practice to ensure that our students have a safe , nurturing and supportive climate in their school. Based on the best research, it is written in a user friendly manner. Every district should get this excellent document and use it!
The School Climate Guide for District Policymakers and Education Leaders is endorsed by the National School Boards Association.